The Checkered Flag and Mobil 1 Present:
Fan of Fanatec Contest: You are The Stig
NOTE: Minimum Entrants is 25 people. If minimum is not received, the contest will be void until the next time it appears.
Dates: September 28th, 2010 to October 15th, 2010.
Where?: On Forza Forums, Finish Line Racing, and The Checkered Flag.
Do you think you have what it takes to be the new Stig? Well, with the real Stig gone, who is going to take his place? YOU! Yes, that is right! The Checkered Flag and Mobil 1 have created this contest to give the community a new Stig, at least on the forums!
So, what does it entail? There are 2 parts to the contest:
Part 1: By entering via Forza Forums, Finish Line Racing forums, or via comment on this article, you will write your story of why you think you will be the new and best Stig. Obviously, most can’t do what he did, so a little humor (and white lies) can be involved. Just make it funny, but it has to be related to The Stig and automobiles. Suggested length is about 2 paragraphs.
Part 2: 3 finalists will be chosen. You will, via Skype, talk with me and each other further about your motives and actions when you are The Stig. Over 5,000 people worldwide will hear you, and maybe you will actually become the new Stig! Of course, we can be lenient with this, if you do not feel comfortable with going on air. If so, and all 3 finalists agree, I have a secret backup plan.
How to enter: You can enter via Forza forums: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PageIndex=1&PostID=4234156#4231867
Enter via Finish Line Racing forums: http://FLRleague.org/forum.htm
Or leave a comment below in this fashion:
FORMAT FOR ENTERING:
Country of Residence:
Why you would be a good Stig:
What will you do as The Stig:
Note: If not posted in this format, application will not be accepted.
First Place: Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel and 1 year of XBL Gold Membership
Second Place: 6 months of XBL and 4,000 MS Points
Third Place: 3 Months of XBL and 1600 MS Points
Random Prize: Stuff for your avatar from FM3
|Porsche 911 Turbo S WheelLIMITED EDITIONThe Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel is strictly limited to 10.000 units in total.
All owners can register in the Porsche 911 Turbo S public registry which will be available in the “911 Wheel Club” (www.911wheel.com )
- Multiplatform: Xbox 360 – PC – PlayStation® 3
- Backwards compatible to existing games on the Xbox 360 – compatible to all racing games which support the Microsoft Wireless Wheel
- Wireless connection to Xbox360 and wireless connection through RF dongle to PC and PlayStation® 3 (new and improved technology)
- Compatible with standard pedals (with clutch), Clubsport pedals (metal) and even the pedals of the Microsoft® wireless racing wheel and the Logitech® G25
- 3 Force Feedback motors and smooth belt drive deliver sensational realism
- Two gear sticks included: 6+1 Speed and sequential
- Available in 3 different editions
Full Features Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel:
- Limited to 3000 units
- Original Porsche 911 Turbo S steering wheel design
- Licensed by Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH
- Authentic metal Porsche logo on wheel
- Hand stitched leather wheel manufactured according to Porsche quality standards
- Compatible with Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3 (all games which support Force Feedback wheels)
- 6+1 Speed gear stick with realistic shifting feel
- Additional exchangeable sequential gear stick included
- Wired pedals with realistic clutch pedal with declining resistance
- Diameter of steering wheel is 300 millimeters
- Gear sticks are interchangeable and can be mounted on the left or right side
- Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel to 900°, 360° or 180° or in 1° steps by software
- Play with table: Strong table clamps with quick release, special non-slip rubber pads, and Velcro strips on the pedals
keep everything in place. Integrated screw inserts allows a strong fixation on a gaming cockpit
- Play without table: Fully compatible with the RennSport Wheel Stand which is available optional
- Illuminated buttons switch automatically between Xbox and PlayStation symbols
- Powerful Mabuchi RS 550 Motor as used in RC cars delivers extra strong Force Feedback effects
- Additional 2 Force Feedback actuators in the wheel simulates motor vibrations.
- Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
- High resolution wheel sensor
- TUNING functions with LED display
- Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
- Adjust ForceFeedback strength during game play
- Adjust sensitivity independent from the game
Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel “Clubsport edition”:
- Limited to 2000 units
- All features of the Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel but with Clubsport pedals instead of the standard pedals
- Fully adjustable wired pedals fully made of metal
- Pressure sensitive load cell sensor
- Maximum brake force adjustable
- Contactless magnetic sensors for gas and clutch with unlimited lifetime
- Vibration motor on brake pedal to indicate blocking tires (only in games which support this feature)
Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel “Pure edition”:
- Limited to 5000 units
- All features of the Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel but without pedals, RF dongle and gear sticks
- Includes an adapter cable to connect pedals of the Microsoft wireless racing wheel for Xbox360 or the Logitech G25 pedals
- Standard pedals
- Clubsport pedals
- Shifter set (6-speed and sequential)
- RF dongle for PlayStation 3 and PC
Note: All shipping charges for the wheel will be payed by the winner.