Don’t feel like reading long articles and just want to know what happened during the two press days at the 2012 NYAS? Look below.
BMW held the US debut of the 2013 M5, M6, X1, and 3 Series xDrives as well as the i3 & i8. Mercedes pulled the wraps off of the new SL65 AMG and GL550 models. Audi also came prepared with a refreshed S4, A3, and the new A5. Porsche impressed with the new Boxter S, Panamera GTS, and Cayenne diesel.
Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/SRT/Ram/Fiat made a huge impression with the completely new SRT Viper GTS and Dodge Dart. On top of that, they debuted a refreshed Ram 1500. We also laid eyes of the Fiat 500 Abarth for the first time. General Motors was equally prepared with a slew of new cars. The new Chevy Malibu and Impala, Cadillac ATS and XTS and Buick Enclave all impressed with a new focus on interior quality. Not to mention some great new looks for some aging models. We suspect we’ll have to get better acquainted with the Cadillac ATS to see if BMW really has a fight on their hands. Ford brought a slew of freshly updated faces for their Taurus, Fusion and Focus models. It looks like someone left some Aston Martin blueprints lying around (no complaints from us). We also can’t wait for the 2013 Focus ST.
Toyota unveiled the all new Avalon while simultaneously informing everyone that the old Avalon’s replacement would still be named the Avalon. Honda had a great Accord coupe concept that we were told, in no less than certain terms, would be the new Accord coupe in a year or two. Nissan introduced a completely new unibody Pathfinder as well as a new Altima. Hyundai introduced us to the new Santa Fe. They also had the new Genesis coupe and Veloster Turbo on hand. Lexus brought the new RX350 F sport and ES350. They also included debuted many existing models with their hybrid technology.
- 2013 Infiniti LE Concept: 2012 #NYIAS (tcfpodcast.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Dodge Viper at #NYIAS (tcfpodcast.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Cadillac SRX: 2012 #NYIAS (tcfpodcast.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek: 2012 #NYIAS (tcfpodcast.wordpress.com)
- Day 1 of the New York International Auto Show 2012 (tcfpodcast.wordpress.com)
- #NYIAS Preview: 2013 Shelby GT500, 1000 HP (tcfpodcast.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG: #NYIAS Preview (tcfpodcast.wordpress.com)