With Audi being owned by VW and VW owning so much great diesel technology, why not push a little of it into an R8? Well, the folks over at Audi have decided it is time for that to happen. The 2016 model year will feature a diesel variant of the R8. No one is certain yet what engine will be used, but it is currently being speculated that it could be one of Audi’s V8 4.0-liter TDI turbodiesel that is available over the Atlantic Ocean, or there are talks that a V-10 with a 5 liter displacement could also make an appearance. As always, a V8 and V10 option will be available in regular gas-guzzling options.
The Audi R8 is Going Diesel!
- RT @F1: Lewis Hamilton is a six-time F1 champion! twitter.com/i/moments/1191… 9 months ago
- USGP: Bottas Takes the Win, Hamilton Takes the World Title #USGP checkeredflagblog.kinja.com/usgp-bottas-ta… https://t.co/f5UbtV6xLJ 9 months ago
- That's the way to celebrate, @ValtteriBottas! Congrats on winning #USGP, with @LewisHamilton coming in second and t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 months ago
- RT @GvanderGarde: I wanted to say nonchalant cool about those bumps “Try Sebring” and then I saw a Champ Car race with a railroad crossing… 9 months ago
- RT @COTA: That's how it's done, @ValtteriBottas. 🏆 Congratulations to the winner of the 2019 #USGP! https://t.co/iPxtXEVs6N 9 months ago